Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Bars

As I have said before, I love Fall because of all the yummy baking I get to do. Yesterday I had some Hubbard squash that had to be used and my friend Melody sent me a recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. They were so yummy that I had to share the recipe. Thanks Melody!!!

4 eggs
1cup oil
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 (16oz) can pumpkin
2cups flour
2 tea. baking powder
2 tea. cinnamon
1 tea. salt
1 tea baking soda
FROSTING:
1 (3oz) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tea. vanilla
Beat together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light & fluffy. Then add the rest of the ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread batter in greased 15x10x1 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
FOR FROSTING: Cream together cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add powdered sugar a bit at a time, beating until smooth.

pumpkin bars 01

No comments:

Post a Comment