Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cranberry Coleslaw

We had this again for supper tonight and I still really like it! For two weeks in a row, I have made salad rolls. Salad rolls means having a whole lot of leftover coleslaw mix! I also had a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette that no one wanted to use on their salad… Hmmm??? Would that work??? Yes, it did!

So here’s the result. It could barely qualify as a recipe but it makes a slightly sweet side dish that is super quick to throw together last minute.

Toss coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage) with dried cranberries, slivered almonds (but I think it would also be good with walnuts or pecans), and any bottled or homemade raspberry vinaigrette.

coleslaw 01  Next time I’m trying an Asian variation with canned mandarin oranges and a sesame dressing. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Good post. You might be interested in a spicy and crunchy cole slaw I made http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/spicy-crunchy-coleslaw.html

    ReplyDelete