Saturday, October 17, 2020

Ninja Egg Cups

 I love mini egg bakes! And the Ninja makes them so easy to do, I even made them while camping for our anniversary! 


Now that I've made them again at home, I decided I'd better post my recipe before I forgot how I did it. Disclaimer- this is really more of a method than a recipe. :) 


First make your eggs however you would prepare them for scrambled eggs. Just beat some eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. For 6 standard sized muffin cups, I used 3-4 large eggs with some milk.


Then cut up whatever you want in your egg cups: peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon, ham, sausage... Cut it up pretty small because your cups aren't very big.

I sauté my fillings to get rid of any extra moisture in them (especially mushrooms and ham).


Pour 1 cup of water into your Ninja Foodi. Place silicon muffin cups in round baking pan on rack. Spray your cups with non-stick baking spray. I suppose you can also use a silicone egg cup mold but I don't have one of those... :) 

Fill your cups with some shredded cheese and your filling. Don't put too much in them.



Pour egg mixture into cups and fill them to nearly the top. Then carefully lower them into the Foodi on the rack.



Place glass or pressure lid on Foodi. If using pressure lid be sure it is on vent. Steam for 12 minutes.




Be careful when you remove the lid not to get too much water on top of the egg cups. Test them with a knife in the centers. If they come clean, they are done. 

I like mine a bit drier, so I lower the Air Crisp lid and bake them for 4 minutes at 375. 




Remove the rack from the Foodi and let them cool for a minute or so before you remove them from the cups... 




No comments:

Post a Comment