Monday, September 2, 2024

Cornmeal Cookies with Jam

 I made a batch of delicious jalapeno jelly. And it was pretty to look at to boot. I love it on cornbread, grilled cheese, cream cheese and hamburgers. Then I got a wild idea... Why not make cornmeal sugar cookies and put some jalapeno jelly on top? 


I did it. And I love them! I love spicy sweet! I love cookies! Yum!!!

3/4 cup softened butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup cornmeal

1 1/2 cup flour

Cream butter and sugars in mixer until fluffy. Mix in egg, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Add cornmeal and flour and mix until smooth. 

Scoop into balls and then roll in sugar. Lightly press in center with thumb.

Bake at  350 for 10-14 minutes or until light golden brown on edges. 

Cool 10 minutes on baking tray before removing to cooling rack. 

After they have cooled, top with jelly just before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment