Friday, January 29, 2016

Cherry Struesel Dessert Pizza

While making plans for our Youth Group Valentine's Dinner, the youth leader came across this recipe for our dessert. But I decided I should make one before we made our decision. I am so glad we did!

You know how sometimes when you're making something, you just know it's not right? I knew pretty much right away this just wasn't going to work.

I was right! It was horrible! Hard, dry, just plain icky...

Then I started to think about what I would do, if it were my recipe. Went to the store, picked up new ingredients and whipped up a second one. Tried it out on my out-of-town guests and the youth group kids... PERFECT!

*Side note: Wal-Mart's Great Value brand pie filling has just as much fruit as the name brand claiming to have 20% more fruit and no high fructose corn syrup!



1 white cake mix

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 egg

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 can cherry pie filling

Mix cake mix and butter until crumbly. Remove 2/3 cup and add brown sugar. Mix into a streusel topping.

Add egg to remaining cake mix/butter mixture. Mix until smooth.

Press into an 11-12" circle on greased baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Spread pie filling on top. Top with streusel topping. You might have a bit left over...


Bake for another 15 minutes or so. The pizza will be golden brown on the edges.

Serve in a small slice, warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Store leftovers in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment