Friday, April 2, 2021

Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie

 For Pi Day 2021, I tried an idea I'd had floating around in my head for a while... Peanut butter and jelly pie. I used a real pie crust rather than a crust crust for this no-bake pie because I really wanted more of a "bread" crust and I'm glad I did. It turned out just the way I wanted. But be warned... this pie is RICH! Cut it small! 

First you will need to blind bake your crust. Preheat your oven to 375. Roll out your crust and place in pie plate. Prick crust with fork on bottom and sides. Line with non-stick parchment and fill with weights (or uncooked rice or beans). Bake for 15 minutes with weights. Then remove and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely on wire rack.

Make your peanut butter filling by beating together:

1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

1 cup sifted powdered sugar

1 softened stick of butter

Beat until smooth and creamy. It will be thick.

Spread a very thin layer of the peanut butter filling on the bottom of your cooled crust to keep the jam from leaking through.

Top with a thin layer of jam or jelly of your choice. (I like my homemade strawberry jam best with peanut butter)

Spread remaining peanut butter filling on top of jam.

Chill for a few hours before cutting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment