Often in late summer we are gifted with an abundance of zucchini. These brownies are a nice change of pace from the usual zucchini fare. They are good with or without chocolate chips or frosting.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 cup chocolate chips, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour (or sugar) a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.