Monday, August 10, 2009

Banana Cake

Whenever I have bananas, I secretly hope they’ll get brown and icky so I can make banana cake. This recipe is a combination of two recipes I like. My favorite way to bake them is in my Pampered Chef silicon flower baking pan. I spray them with cooking spray, coat them with white sugar (instead of flour) and have them as little cakes. They have an almost caramelized coating on the outside that makes them extra yummy!

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk, sour milk or sour cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 - 8 inch round pans. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, or sour cream, to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

banana cake 01

No comments:

Post a Comment