Monday, September 6, 2010

Apricot Honey Butter

I made a half batch of this a while back to see if I would like it… It’s from one of my favorite canning cookbooks, “Small Batch Preserving”. I liked it so much I made a whole batch today to can. It is so good! It is wonderful on English muffins, pancakes, waffles… The honey and candied ginger give it such a lovely warm flavor!

2 cups chopped dried apricots

2 Tbsp grated lemon rind

2 cups water

1/2 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup chopped candied ginger

2/3 cup honey

1. Chop apricots, grate lemon rind and chop ginger.

 chutney 02apricot butter 02

2. Combine apricots, lemon rind, water, lemon juice and ginger in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat and boil gently for 35 minutes or until apricots are tender, stirring frequently.

3. Place apricot mixture in a food processor or blender and process until smooth; return to saucepan. Stir in honey. Return to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered until very thick, stirring frequently.

apricot butter 01

apricot butter 03apricot butter 04  4. Ladle into sterilized jars to 1/2” headspace. Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Let rest for 5 minutes before removing jars from canner.

apricot butter 05

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I should try this while I am borrowing Ann Maries food processor although it would probably work in my Omniblend. I love ginger with any orange colored fruit! :)

    ReplyDelete