Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fudge Meltaways

For some reason I just had to have these today! My mom made them when I was a kid and I haven’t made them in about 15 years. But today I had to have ‘em! Yup, they were just as good as I remembered!

Crust:

1/2 cup butter

1 oz unsweetened chocolate

1/4 cup sugar

1 cup shredded coconut

1/4 cup chopped nuts

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg, beaten

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

Melt butter and chocolate together. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and press into 9” baking pan. Chill.

fudge meltaways 01 fudge meltaways 02 fudge meltaways 03

Filling:

1/4 cup softened butter

1 Tbsp milk

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Mix together until smooth. It will be very thick! Add a splash of milk if needed. You want it to be thicker than cake frosting but you need to be able to spread it on top of the crust. Chill.

fudge meltaways 04fudge meltaways 05fudge meltaways 08

Topping:

1-2 oz of unsweetened chocolate

Melt and spread on top of filling. Chill. Cut before completely firm.

 

 fudge meltaways 09fudge meltaways 10fudge meltaways 11

No comments:

Post a Comment