Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Microwave Popcorn

When our dog refused to eat the microwave popcorn that fell on the floor, I began to question exactly what was in that greasy, fake-buttery goodness that she turned her nose up to??? Well, I figured it couldn’t be good… Then I saw a post on my Google Reader about making your own microwave popcorn. So I did a bit of research and gave it a whirl…

It makes a bit of a mess in the microwave but you can put a plate down to help with that. I’ve made it with both butter and oil but prefer the butter. As long as you don’t like it swimming in it, I thought it was buttery enough. But don’t forget the salt!

Here’s how you do it…

#1- Take one brown paper lunch bag and pour in 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels and 2-3 Tbsp butter or oil.

popcorn 01 #2- Fold over the top 2 or 3 times to seal the bag.

popcorn 02#3- Place in microwave (on a glass plate if desired). Cook on high for 2-3 minutes, or until pops are about 2 seconds apart. (My microwave takes about 3 1/2 minutes)

popcorn 03#4- Remove from microwave and carefully open (the steam will burn!).

popcorn 04#5- Dump popcorn into large bowl, sprinkle with salt and enjoy with your favorite flick!

popcorn 05

1 comment:

  1. i just tried it, I over cooked mine, this first time, then I sprinkled a flavoured popcorn salt that I can't eat, soooo...Leif is taste testing (tough job!!) and he likes it! Thanks for sharing this tip! You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete