Saturday, December 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Fudge

I got this recipe from my friend Annalise’s blog (you can also see the link on the right). I made it once, loved it so much that I had to make it again. Especially when I was blessed with a quart jar of dark chocolate ganache from my dear friend Betsy!

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

5 large marshmallows

Bring to a boil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the marshmallows melt. Stir often.

pb fudge 01

pb fudge 02pb fudge 03Remove from heat and stir in:

1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla

Spread into foiled and buttered 8” pan.

pb fudge 04While fudge cools in fridge, prepare the ganache.

Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream in a saucepan until just simmering. Pour over 1 cup chocolate chips and let sit 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth and glossy. (If you need to, you can microwave them for 15 seconds to smooth them out)

pb fudge 05

Remove fudge from fridge and smooth ganache on top.

pb fudge 06 Chill for 1-2 hours or until ganache is set.

pb fudge 07Remove from pan and cut into small squares. Store in fridge for up to 1 week.

pb fudge 08

No comments:

Post a Comment