Saturday, March 26, 2011

Salad Rolls

These little tidbits are so fresh and delicious! I think they would make an excellent light summer lunch. This recipe is from my friend Betsy (but was given to me by my friend Lori). I didn’t have all the ingredients, but I think you can be pretty creative with this one. We decided some little salad shrimp with the the perfect addition!

The sauce is also very light and a bit spicy, just what it needs!

spring rolls 01

3 oz rice noodles, boil for 2 minutes and then rinse in cold water and drain well

2 cups bean sprouts (I didn’t have any and used finely shredded cabbage, but I think a combo of the two would be really good)

1 cup shredded carrots

1/2 cup cilantro leaves

2 tsp fresh ginger

4 cloves finely minced garlic

spinach or lettuce leaves

rice wrappers

Sauce

Whisk together

1/4 cup water

1 Tablespoon sugar

2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar

2 Tablespoons fish sauce

1 teaspoon chili sauce

dash ginger

Combine first six salad roll ingredients in a bowl and let sit for about a half hour to let the flavors marry a bit.

spring rolls 02

Soak rice wrappers in hot water until soft.

spring rolls 03Yes, it is in there. You just can’t see it! :o)

Roll 1/4 cup filling into the wrapper. Top filling with lettuce or spinach leaves. (I used a little too much filling in mine, but I was in a hurry…)

spring rolls 04spring rolls 05spring rolls 06spring rolls 07Cover prepared salad rolls with a damp towel until serving.

Serve with dipping sauce.

spring rolls 08

No comments:

Post a Comment