This was a pretty simple and tasty recipe I got from myrecipes.com. Well seasoned with the perfect amount of spice and a nice mixture of vegetables. Made a nice supper with a salad and a loaf of sourdough bread.
The original recipe is HERE.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 pounds chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions (white and light green parts only), sliced
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with Cajun seasoning and 1 tsp. salt.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and green onions to skillet, and sauté 9 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
- Return chicken to skillet; stir in half-and-half, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add linguine; toss to coat.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.