Sunday, March 24, 2013

Candied Apple Chaser

My favorite cider is Angry Orchard Crisp Apple.

candied apple chaser - The Backyard Farmwife 

As I was taking this picture, David Crowder’s “How He Loves” was playing on the radio. It’s funny what God uses to tell you something… There is a line in the song that says:

Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

I was struck by the fact that so many times I’m more like the tree on the Angry Orchard bottle than a tree that bends under the weight of God’s love and mercy for me.

Just had to share that! If you haven’t heard the song before, check it out HERE.

Pair the bottle of cider with a shot of Fireball cinnamon whiskey, served in a chilled shot glass. Don’t mix them! You drink them at the same time but separately.

candied apple chaser - The Backyard Farmwife

I never would have thought of pairing the two together but it has become my newest favorite “grown up” drink! It sort of reminds me of those red candied apples made from cinnamon red hot candies… except that I hate candied apples. Doesn’t make sense, does it??? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment