Thursday, March 14, 2013

Irish Baked Potato

I’m sure I’ve mentioned already that we LOVE corned beef and cabbage around here! I make it every St Patrick’s Day and serve it with potatoes on the side. Yesterday, I thought I’d throw it all together and see what happened. It made for a yummy, stick to your ribs supper that is the perfect way to use up any leftover corned beef! If you have any…

Irish baked potato - The Backyard Farmwife Just bake some nice big potatoes until they are tender.

Sauté some chopped cabbage in butter with some sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. Throw in some shredded corned beef and heat through.

Mash up your potato, add plenty of butter and top with your cabbage, onion, corned beef mixture.

It is really good with a really cold dark Guinness stout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment