Monday, February 27, 2017

Pressure Cooker Egg Bake

I was hesitant to post this without trying it a second time because my pressure cooker didn't seem to actually build up pressure. It heated up and then counted down. But there was no steam released once the timer was up. But it turned out so perfectly that I did it anyway... :)

The secret to my egg bake is tater tot rounds. You know, those cute flat tater tots you buy in the frozen food section next to the French fries.

Turn your pressure cooker onto the meat setting and let it heat up for a couple of minutes. Add a bit of oil and brown your favorite breakfast meat (sausage, ham or bacon) until it is cooked along with your some veggies of your choice. I had to reset my meat setting a second time.

I used 1/8 cup chopped onion and bit of chopped green pepper with 6 oz of my homemade breakfast sausage.



Toss in 2 cups of the tater rounds and give them a toss to heat them up a bit.


Beat 5 eggs and 1/4 cup milk. Pour over meat/tater tot mixture.


Place lid on cooker and cook on rice setting for 7 minutes.

Quick release and open lid. Sprinkle with some shredded cheese and replace lid to melt.


This is also very good served in flour tortillas with salsa and sour cream for a breakfast burrito.


No comments:

Post a Comment