Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pressure Cooker Jambalaya

Every year for Fat Tuesday we have jambalaya for dinner. I've made it from scratch but to be honest I really like this stuff in the box...



I only  used half a box since it was just for my hubby and I.

But first I sauteed some ingredients for several minutes on the meat setting with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil:
 1 chicken breast, cut up
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
6 oz andouille sausage
10-12 shrimp, peeled


Turn off pressure cooker. Stir in 1/2 can of diced tomatoes


Stir in 2/3 cup of the rice mixture into the cooker. Add 2/3 cup water and shrimp. Stir lightly.


Put lid on cooker. Cook on rice setting for 6 minutes. Let natural release for 10 minutes.


Stir and let sit for a few minutes.


We had our Mardi Gras dinner with okra and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment