Friday, August 27, 2010

Banana Blueberry Streusel Muffins

I got this recipe from one of the moms in our homeschool co-op. They sounded so good (I love streusel-topped muffins) and I happened to have ripe bananas and blueberries, so I gave them a whirl. I didn’t follow her recipe exactly but it was pretty close, so I’ll give you the one I made… Thanks Kristin!

Preheat oven to 375'.

Muffins:

2 cups flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 eggs

1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt

1/4 cup butter, melted

2 medium ripe bananas

1 cup frozen blueberries

1 tsp vanilla

Streusel Topping:

1/2 cup sugar

3 T white flour

1/4 tsp cinnamon

2 T butter, cut in small cubes

1)In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.

2) In a small bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just till moistened.

3) Fill greased muffin pan or paper cups  3/4 full of batter.

4) Fold in blueberries.

5)For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter. Sprinkle over muffins.

6) Bake at 375' for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. (Mini muffin pans take about 13 minutes)

Makes about 18-24 muffins, depending upon how full you fill the cups

blueberry banana muffins 01

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about these! LOL YUM! I'm doing my biggest loser challenge but while I'm on here searching for your Instant Oatmeal Recipe I came across this. :)

    ReplyDelete