Friday, July 1, 2011

Tortilla Crepes

I don’t remember when or where I first saw this idea and I can’t even find a recipe on-line but I wanted to make them as soon as I heard of it. All I was missing were these little babies…

crepes  01 Uncooked tortillas. Fortunately my favorite local grocery store finally started carrying them. So I snatched one up as soon as I saw them, went home, plugged in my griddle and whipped some up!

All you need to do is make your favorite French toast batter (eggs, milk, vanilla), dip in the tortillas, cook on both sides until light golden brown, let cool 1 minute and then fill with whatever tickles your fancy!

crepes  02My favorites were Nutella, sliced bananas, and whipped cream

crepes  03crepes  04and lemon curd, sliced strawberries and whipping cream. All delicious crepes need whipped cream!

crepes  05crepes  06I’ll admit that they aren’t as tasty as real crepes but they are a whole lot quicker and easier and that seems to make them taste better, too! :o)    

No comments:

Post a Comment