Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sherbet

This is the easiest creamiest yummiest sherbet ever! And you could make it any flavor you want by changing the flavor of concentrate and throwing in a bit of… whatever! :o)

The lime I made was the perfect combination of tart and sweet with the zest of one lime thrown in for good measure.

Here are some other options…

Orange with orange zest

Pineapple with crushed pineapple and maybe some coconut milk in place of some of the half & half

I was wondering how strawberry, orange, pineapple sherbet would be???

I may just have to try them all!!!

Here’s the basic recipe:

3 cups half & half

1 cup frozen juice concentrate, thawed

2-3 tablespoons of sugar, depending on taste and how tart your concentrate is

Combine ingredients in a blender and mix until sugar is dissolved. *I used my stick blender, worked great!

Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacture’s instructions.

homemade sherbet- The Backyard Farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment