Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Easy Egg Nog

This is the easiest recipe for egg nog I’ve seen and it was so tasty that we can’t wait to make it again! It’s not as thick and slimy as the stuff you buy at the store.
That is how it has been described to me by those poor sad individuals who don’t like egg nog. ;o) 
The recipe came from AllRecipes UK (which is a very fun site, by the way). I left it in metric and also included my conversions…

I also used egg substitute as I am now back to buying eggs at the store and I didn’t want my 85-year-old grandma drinking raw eggs.

6 eggs or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 L milk (4 1/4 cups)

1 pinch of salt

Beat all the ingredients together until well mixed and smooth.

150ml whipping cream (2/3 cup)

Beat cream to the soft peak stage. Fold into egg nog and chill.

Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.

egg nog

No comments:

Post a Comment