Sunday, January 1, 2012

Croissant French Toast with Blackberry Sauce

This recipe makes me wish that I had stale croissants more often… Not that I will since, a: they are pretty expensive (and my boys can eat a whole lot of them!) and b: we usually eat them WAY before they get stale.

On the other hand, the blackberry sauce was so delicious and easy that we will probably have this quite often on pancakes, waffles & cheesecakes!

All you need to do is cut croissants in half, dip them in your favorite French toast batter and cook as usual.

Blackberry Sauce

4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries

2/3 cup sugar

1 Tablespoon instant clear gel

Place berries in saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Let boil for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Mix sugar and clear gel in a small bowl. Pour into boiling berries. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until sugar dissolves and sauce becomes thicker.

Pour warm blackberry sauce over French toast and serve immediately.

croissant french toast 01

Ok, so I may have overdone it on the sauce but I had two pieces of French toast and the sauce was super yummy! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment