Monday, January 30, 2012

Make Your Own Yoshida’s

I LOVE Yoshida’s teriyaki sauce/marinade! It is so versatile and I use it in my stir-frys, rice recipes, teriyaki dishes, as a dipping sauce… everything! I was so disappointed when I learned that it had high fructose corn syrup in it! :o(  (I’m not uber anal about the whole HFCS thing, but I like to avoid it whenever possible.)

But it is ok, because I discovered a substitute that is pretty darn close and pretty darn tasty, too! And now I know why it has HFCS… it has THREE kinds of sugar in it!

This recipe makes enough but not too much. If you need more, I suppose you can double it.

1 cup soy sauce

3 oz (3/8 cup) sugar

3 oz (3/8 cup) brown sugar

1/8 cup finely sliced green onions

1 teaspoon of ground or finely minced ginger

2 cloves of minced garlic

1/2 cup honey

Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over med.-high heat, stirring often, until it comes to a boil and sugars all dissolve. Remove from heat and let cool before serving as a dipping sauce or marinade. You can use it right away as a sauce.

yoshidas 03

No comments:

Post a Comment