Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kettle Corn at Home

Kettle corn… that perfect combination of salty and sweet! I love kettle corn but hate that I have to wait until I go to the fair or some other large outdoor event to have the stuff… Why can’t I just install a giant cauldron in my dining room and make it all year round???

Now I don’t have to wait anymore! Now I can have it at home any time I want without the giant cauldron of yummyness! Wow! This could be dangerous!!! LOL

kettle corn - The Backyard Farmwife

All you need is a stirring popcorn popper… I know you can do it in a large stockpot, but I don’t know how to do that. ;o)

Pour 1/2 cup popcorn evenly into the bottom of your popper. Top with 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Sprinkle with 3-4 Tablespoons of white granulated sugar.

kettle corn - The Backyard FarmwifeThen you sit and watch it until it pops… There is something sort of magical about getting to watch all those hard little kernels explode into fluffy white puffs of deliciousness!!! So much better than microwave stuff! Does that make me a huge popcorn nerd???

kettle corn - The Backyard Farmwife

kettle corn - The Backyard FarmwifeWatch and listen to your kettle corn very closely! You want to stop it AS SOON AS YOU HEAR THE POPPING START TO SLOW! This stuff burns really easily!

Carefully flip over your bowl (after you put the cover back on the lid/bowl) and enjoy it while it is still warm!

kettle corn - The Backyard Farmwife

No comments:

Post a Comment