Sunday, January 20, 2013

Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie

On Wednesday I went to a friend’s house in the attempt to overcome my pie crust phobia… While I made a crust while I was there under supervision, I still have yet to make one on my own. So I’m not sure if I’m cured yet??? I have a whole list of pies I want to make, so I am hopeful I am over it!

We were all sitting around talking about pie (of course!) and we came up with the peanut butter & Nutella idea. I knew exactly what pie I was going to make first!Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie - The Backyard Farmwife

1/2 cup Nutella

1 8oz box of cream cheese, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 cup heavy cream

Spread the Nutella into the bottom of a pre-baked or crumb pie crust.

Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie - The Backyard FarmwifeBeat cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter with electric mixer until smooth.

Spread half of this peanut butter mixture into pie crust.

Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie - The Backyard FarmwifeBeat heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.

Fold whipped cream into the remaining peanut butter mixture. Spread onto top of pie.

Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie - The Backyard FarmwifeChill for several hours. Top with additional whipped cream, if desired. Serve in very small slices as this pie is very rich and delicious!

Peanut Butter & Nutella Pie - The Backyard FarmwifeI love how you can see all three layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment