Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken Pomodoro Pizza

The gardening bug has bit! Winco had their basil plants again and I just had to pick one up. All that lovely basil smell wafting through the living room brought back memories… When Chris worked at the Olive Garden, my favorite dish was the chicken capellini pomodoro. I decided to try to mimic that on a pizza. It turned out pretty darn tasty!

pizza 08 My inspiration!

First make up a batch of pizza dough. I use my Easy Peasy Bread recipe.

Roll half of the dough into a circle large enough for your pizza.

You will need:

2 cooked and sliced chicken breasts

3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced

1/8 cup chopped fresh basil

pizza 01

fresh chopped garlic

Italian seasoning (I like Papa John’s garlic herb blend)

olive oil

crushed red pepper

mozzarella cheese

parmesan cheese

Brush crust with olive oil.

pizza 06

Put garlic, Italian seasonings and red pepper on crust.

pizza 03Sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella cheese. Then top with tomatoes, basil, chicken, mozzarella and parmesan.

pizza 04

Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the crust is golden.

pizza 07

No comments:

Post a Comment