Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rice Pudding

This was one of my parents’ favorite desserts when I was a kid and I HATED it! But I know this is one of those comfort foods that I should like. Not to mention, that I think it would look great in my new dishes! :o)

I don’t know if it’s my new favorite but it tastes pretty good in my cute little melamine bowl! I’m sure it will taste even better in my farm dishes…

Heat oven 325.

2 eggs

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup raisins

2 cups milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups hot cooked rice

ground nutmeg

Beat eggs in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Stir in sugar, raisins, milk, vanilla, salt and rice. Bake uncovered 60-75 minutes, stirring halfway through baking. After stirring, sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg. Bake until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.

rice pudding 01 rice pudding 02rice pudding 03 rice pudding 04 rice pudding 05

Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate any leftover pudding.

rice pudding 06

No comments:

Post a Comment