Friday, February 4, 2011

Maple Sugar

My favorite flavor of instant oatmeal growing up was always Maple & Brown Sugar. Since I’ve started making my own instant oatmeal, I have really wanted to buy some maple sugar and enjoy a bowl… But every time I look at the ridiculous price tag on maple sugar at the store, I just can’t justify it.

Then today while I was browsing for vanilla sugar recipes, I found the answer to my dilemma… After I made a batch the kitchen smelled heavenly! I can’t wait for breakfast in the morning!!!

Measure 2 cups of sugar into a bowl.

maple sugar 02

Stir in 1 tsp of maple extract.

Mix very well until completely incorporated into sugar.

maple sugar 03

Spread onto piece of parchment paper and let dry for about 4 hours.

maple sugar 04

Break up the sugar and pour into an air tight container to store.

maple sugar 01

No comments:

Post a Comment