Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not-So-Sweet Tea

The boys’ friend Elijah, aka Hobo, made sweet tea the other night. It sounded like a refreshing summertime beverage, so I asked him how he did it. I’m not sure I would have been able to drink the sugary concoction he made since I actually like tea without sugar, but I came up with my own not-quite-as-sweet version of Hobo’s sweet tea.

Thanks for the inspiration Hobo! Now, you’ll have to come over and sample a glass and let me know what you think of it…

First boil 5 cups of water. Stir in 1/2-1 cup of sugar until dissolved. (I thought 1 cup was WAY too sweet, but it was drinkable.)

Steep 10 bags of black tea in the hot sugar water overnight in the fridge.

sweet tea 01 It will look like a weak cup of coffee…

Put ice in your glass. Fill half-way with tea and fill remainder of glass with cold water. Stir, garnish with a sprig of mint or slice of lemon and enjoy!

sweet tea 02

No comments:

Post a Comment