Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rhubarb Chutney

I made this recipe up all by myself! I had some ginger and rhubarb left over from the last couple of recipes and I LOVE chutney, so I gave this combination a whirl… I think it turned out perfectly! It is so yummy that I find myself sneaking a spoonful almost every time I open the fridge!!! :o) But I think it would be really good on chicken or pork or over cream cheese with crackers…

3 cups chopped rhubarb

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1/3 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup cider vinegar

2 small tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped

2/3 cup raisins

1-2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger

1-2 Tablespoons chopped candied ginger

6 peppercorns

4 whole cloves

rhubarb chutney 06rhubarb chutney 08Bring rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar to a boil.

rhubarb chutney 07Then add remaining ingredients and simmer until rhubarb and apples are tender and the chutney is a bit thick.

rhubarb chutney 09Then spoon into jars and let cool on counter before putting in fridge.

rhubarb chutney 10rhubarb chutney 11

No comments:

Post a Comment