Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Seaweed Snack Mix

That’s right: seaweed! I acquired a bottle of Nomi Komi Furikake rice seasoning from a dear friend just a few days before I saw this recipe come across my Google Reader. I was so excited to try it!!! Unfortunately, it took a while before I got around to doing it…

But now that I did it I’m so glad I did! It is so addictive!!! Nomi Komi Furikake is made of seaweed, sesame seeds, sugar and salt. I am a real craver for the salty/sweet thing and this just hit the spot.

I admit that it does have a very distinctive aroma (and taste), so if you aren’t wild about seaweed you might be a bit put off by it. But if you are an adventurous eater and like trying something new to munch on while watching TV, give it a try.

Click HERE for the recipe at the Food Librarian.

By the way, I made only a half batch of the coating and covered about 10 (or a bit more) cups of popcorn, Chex, Bugles and pretzels. It was plenty for just us! Especially since not all of us enjoyed it… :o)

I think it would be fun to serve in mini take-out boxes at a party!

furikake 01

No comments:

Post a Comment