Sunday, October 16, 2011

Easy Pumpkin Muffins

I found a recipe for easy pumpkin muffins on Pinterest but was rather disappointed that the recipe did not call for any spices at all… None! Pumpkin, in my book, must have the warm and spicy blend of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg… So, while I liked the idea of the ease and simplicity of the muffins, I had to change it!

Then, yesterday we made a stop at a Wal-Mart just south of us and found their holiday baking display full of baking chips that I had never seen before but HAD TO HAVE! I can’t believe I spent $12 on baking chips, but I knew they will be worth every penny! The cinnamon chips inspired me to make one more change to the recipe. And this morning’s muffins proved I was correct!

chips 01

Here is my version of easy pumpkin muffins:

muffins 01

1 box yellow cake mix

15oz pumpkin puree (see how to make fresh pumpkin puree HERE)

pumpkin 08

1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (here is the recipe for my blend)

spices 02

1/2 cup of cinnamon chips (see picture above)

Mix cake mix, spices and pumpkin together. Stir in cinnamon chips. Spoon into muffin tin and bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes, or until pick comes out clean.

muffins 02

They are moist, light and just the thing to go with a pumpkin spice latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment