Sunday, October 16, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Pie Spice

I love the spicy smell of pumpkin pie! Instead of buying pre-made pumpkin pie spice, I made my own. And to make it even better I added orange zest! It makes all my fall pumpkin desserts taste even yummier! And they smell… Mmmmm!!!

First dry the zest to two oranges in your oven on the lowest temp or in your food dehydrator, until dry. Be sure to zest your oranges right onto the tray you will dry on to get all of the lovely orange oil flavor.

Mix:

3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

dried zest from two oranges

spices 02

Place them in a jar and use in your favorite pumpkin recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about adding orange peel to pumpkin pie spice, I bet it is very tasty with the orange peel. I will try it the next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete