Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana Split Cream Pie

Today is Pi Day… You know, 3.14 (March 14th). Insert lame laugh here! I didn’t know it was Pi Day until I heard it on the radio on my way to the grocery store. It was much too late to make any kind of fancy pie (plus I don’t do pie crusts), and I couldn’t buy a frozen Sara Lee thing, so I just threw something together fast.

First I made a quickie banana cream pie with banana pudding in a graham cracker crust. Easy! Just follow the directions on the pudding box.

Then I whipped up 1 cup of whipping cream with 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon of instant clear gel, and spread it on top of my already set up pie.

Then I topped each piece of pie with fresh sliced strawberries and bananas and drizzled it with some leftover chocolate ganache I had in the fridge. But chocolate syrup would have worked just fine, too.

That’s it… A quick and easy pie for Pi Day!

banana pie 01

No comments:

Post a Comment