Friday, March 30, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Pound Cake- Attempt One

Disclaimer: I am not entirely pleased with the outcome of this recipe. I decided to make plain lemonade pound cake and add fresh strawberries on the side. I like my lemon cake much more tart and pucker-y and this just didn’t do it for me. My middle son, however, loved it and said I had to post it just the way it was. :o)  (He’s such a great kid!)

So here it is… but be looking for the new and improved version sometime in the future.

1 boxed lemon cake mix

4 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate

1/3 cup oil

Mix well and pour into greased and sugared cake pan. Bake according to directions on box, or until pick comes out clean.

Remove from pan onto baking rack.

Make a glaze of 2 cups sifted powdered sugar and 1/4-1/3 cup lemonade concentrate. Pierce the cakes with a fork. Pour over cake while still warm.

Serve with sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

lemon poundcake 01

No comments:

Post a Comment