Monday, March 26, 2012

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

So I took my new found love for cake and adapted several recipes and came up with this pretty pink and yellow cupcake for our church’s Girls’ Night sleepover… Lemon cake, pink lemonade buttercream frosting and a touch of lemon curd made them just the perfect combination of pucker-y and sweet!

lemon cupcake 01

Cake

1 lemon cake mix made according to the directions on the box.

*I filled mine with lemon curd (see recipe HERE) before baking.

Just cover the bottom of your muffin pan with cake batter. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of lemon curd into each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.

Bake according to the directions on the box.

*If I were to do it again, I would bake them first and then fill them with lemon curd using the same method I used with my Irish Chocolate Cupcakes. See the directions HERE. I like mine really lemon-y!!!

cupcake 01cupcake 03

Frosting

1 cup butter, at room temperature

2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

4 Tablespoons frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

1 drop of red food coloring (optional, but gives it a nice pale pink color)

Beat butter on medium high speed for 5 minutes. Scrape bowl occasionally. Gradually add powdered sugar until it is incorporated. Add lemonade and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.

Frost filled cupcakes.

lemon cupcake 01

No comments:

Post a Comment