Monday, May 27, 2013

Blueberries & Cream Instant Oatmeal

I posted the recipe for homemade instant oatmeal almost 5 years ago and have made countless batches of the stuff. I have not, however, varied much on the kind. Apple Cinnamon has been the favorite and the one variation I have made every single time but once when I made Maple & Brown Sugar out of my homemade maple sugar.

This time I made more Maple & Brown Sugar and really went out on a creative limb and made Blueberries & Cream.

blueberries & cream instant oatmeal - The Backyard Farmwife I put the blueberry oatmeal in blue jars… Wasn’t that clever of me??? LOL

I’m the only one who has tried it so far, and if it stays that way it will be just fine by me! :o)

Take one cup quick oats and blend on high in a blender or food processor until powdery. Mix with 2 cups of plain quick oats and 1 tsp salt.


Add  the following:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 - 1 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup powdered milk

blueberries & cream instant oatmeal - The Backyard FarmwifeStore in an airtight container.

 
Pour desired amount into a bowl. Add boiling water until it is the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment